Lipophilic breast augmentation is popular. This can be explained by the fact that it combines body shaping (liposuction) and breast augmentation, allowing you to correct the shape of the breast as well. In addition, scars and scars do not remain on the skin after it, because the skin is not broken. The operation is performed under general anesthesia and requires some preparation in the form of a medical examination and lifestyle changes.
Indications and contraindications
Lipofilling, ie the process of increasing body shape with adipose tissue, has recently attracted the attention of women. It becomes especially relevant for changing the shape of the breasts. One of the main reasons is that the procedure can deal with a wide range of problems associated with deteriorating bust appearance:
- Breast deformity after weight loss or pregnancy.
- Surgical interventions in oncology.
- Natural aging.
- Eliminate asymmetry.
- The need for shape correction after the introduction of silicone implants.
- The breasts are small in shape.
Lipofilling, like any intervention on the body, carries certain risks.
- menstruation period.
- Diseases of the endocrine system.
- Inflammatory processes in the body.
- Skin diseases.
- Oncological pathologies.
The lipofilling procedure is performed no later than one year after the end of breastfeeding.
Advantages and disadvantages
The benefits of lipofilling include:
- Relative safety and almost complete absence of skin injuries.
- Absence of a long rehabilitation process in the hospital.
- The result of the operation can be easily corrected.
- Possibility of simultaneous liposuction and breast correction.
- No complications and good tolerability.
- Correction of unsatisfactory results of breast implant placement.
- Getting a natural breast shape with smooth transitions.
Disadvantages of the method:
- The need for adequate body fat stores.
- Almost inevitable need for additional correction.
- Rapid resorption of donor tissue.
- Possibility of breast augmentation for up to 2 sizes.
- Suppuration of injected adipose tissue.
- Formation of fibrous elements that can lead to breast deformity.
- lime accumulation.
- thrombus induction.
- Tissue death.
- Violation of sensitivity.
- Appearance of pigment spots.
Patients are afraid that any breast correction procedure causes oncological processes. However, lipofilling of the breast is not the cause of cancer.
Such concerns arise due to the fact that after surgery, mammography may show the presence of formations that at first glance look like malignant tumors. However, in reality, these are lime formations that appeared due to disturbances. Therefore, the procedure must first be reported to the examining physician.
After lipofilling, you can breastfeed newborns. This procedure will not affect the natural process of breastfeeding.
Comparison of silicone implants and lipofilling
There are a number of differences between lipofilling and breast augmentation implants.> zxtable border = "1" cellpadding = "0" >
Preparing for surgery
Great attention should be paid to the choice of a plastic surgery clinic. If possible, it is necessary to visit the institution, inspect the equipment of the operating room and assess the level of professionalism of the staff. If the clinic cannot provide an experienced anesthesiologist, do not use their services. Signs of a good clinic:
- The presence of everything necessary for the postoperative recovery of the patient.
- Request a series of mandatory pre-procedure examinations.
- High-quality anesthesia, after which the patient does not feel long-term discomfort.
- The operation is performed by a mammologist, ie a highly specialized specialist.
- Sterile instruments.
- Availability of qualified support staff.
- Follow-up of the patient after the operation during the entire recovery period.
A positive result of the operation depends on how qualified the plastic surgeon is. It is advisable to study his resume carefully and seek reviews of the work.
At the initial consultation, the doctor should find out all the details about the patient's health condition and perform an examination. He explains how the procedure works, what the consequences may be and what results can be achieved. It is important that after meeting him, trust is established and doubts disappear.
Before lipofilling you have to give up bad habits (smoking and drinking alcohol) for a few months before surgery. Otherwise, the rehabilitation process will be postponed indefinitely.
It is also worth stopping taking medications that affect blood clotting; the most famous of these is aspirin. During the preparation period, diet and stress should be avoided, which can negatively affect weight and reduce body fat.
Before the procedure, as before any operation, it is necessary to undergo an examination: donate blood and urine, undergo ECG, fluorography, mammography, ultrasound of the mammary glands. After that, the therapist must make a conclusion about the state of health and readiness of the body.
Conducting the procedure
The patient must remove makeup, wash cosmetics (including lotions and tonics), clean the nail plate from artificial coatings.
The operation lasts two hours and takes place in three phases:
- Donor material (adipose tissue) is taken from the thighs, abdomen and buttocks. The tubes are inserted into small incisions in the skin, through which it is pumped with a syringe. Damage to blood vessels and nerve endings with this method of collecting material is impossible.
- An important phase is the processing and purification of materials for surgery. It separates from blood, dead cells and painkillers. If this is not done, the body can reject these cells.
- In the last stage, the material is given by injection subcutaneously or into the intermuscular spaces. The applied layer of material should be in the shape of a honeycomb. This is important, otherwise the fabric will not rise and will not give volume.
Lipofilling is performed only with small changes in the shape or size of the breast. For more serious volumes, correction with breast implants is recommended.
Since the operation takes place under general anesthesia, the patient is under the supervision of a doctor for another day.
It is best to evaluate the result in six months: during this period, the shape of the breast will change. Only after this time has passed can it be considered that the introduced material has taken root and is involved in the work of the body.
The result obtained by lipofilling can be observed within 2-3 years. By the end of the term, only 30-40% of the initial amount of donors remains. To consolidate the effect after 6 months, corrective procedures are performed, which consist of the introduction of additional material by injection.
The speed of recovery after surgery is influenced by the age and lifestyle of the patient. After surgery, there may be disturbing minor pain in the bust area, and you can take pain medication. The patient is not bothered by scars in the area of the chest, because only thin needles are used for injections. Only liposuction leaves scars, but their diameter is usually no more than 3 mm. The swelling and bruising disappear after about three weeks. To prevent the inflammatory process, the patient is prescribed a course of antibiotics.
The procedure does not affect performance, so you can start working the day after the operation. After that, you cannot engage in physical work and sports, in which the load is distributed to the parts of the body involved in cosmetic surgery. Hiking doesn’t have to be long. You can't sunbathe in a solarium and stay in the sun for a long time.
Acute weight loss after lipofilling contributes to a significant reduction in adipose tissue, so you need to monitor your weight. It should not differ significantly from the level at the time of surgery. If asymmetry occurs, then a corrective procedure is performed (not earlier than six months later).
Doctor's opinion and patient reviews
Doctors' opinions on breast lipofilling differ. However, everyone agrees that it is better to perform the operation strictly according to the indications, and not only at the request of the patient.
In addition, there are experts who practice the use of stem cells as donor material. They explain this by the fact that such tissue takes root 50% better. Others are against this approach and work only with fat cells.
Some women who have undergone surgery report feeling unwell after anesthesia, but this disappears in a day. Many are also confused by the need for re-correction, and, in fact, completely in vain, because it allows you to correct the result.
There are enough reviews in which the long-term effect of the procedure is recorded. There are also disappointed patients whose breasts, on the contrary, returned to their previous shape very quickly.
If a woman is prone to the accumulation of adipose tissue in the lower part of the body, then the breast will lose volume faster after surgery.