Breast augmentation surgery can become vital for a woman due to a number of factors: breast loss due to cancer, congenital abnormalities, natural small breasts, mammary gland underdevelopment, sudden weight loss, or breast loss after breastfeeding. The desire for breast augmentation is most often not only a whim of the fairer sex, but also a desire to defeat the many complexes associated with this part of the body. Modern plastic surgery is evolving on a daily basis and can offer women many opportunities to address breast augmentation problems.
Methods of surgical approach for breast augmentation:
- Axillary method (axillary)allows you to maintain breast integrity as well as breast sensitivity. The postoperative scar is located in an inconspicuous area. The disadvantage of this method is that successful breast augmentation requires high professionalism of the surgeon and good endoscopic equipment. When the axillary method is used, it is extremely difficult to place the implant correctly.
- Periareolar methodinvolves an incision along the lower border of the areola of the nipple, immediately between the pigmented and unpainted skin. Breast augmentation with this method is suitable for women who already have children because there is a risk of breaking the milk ducts. The periareolar method is suitable for small implants. The advantage is that the surgeon can perform plastic surgery on the nipples at the same time, without additional incisions.
- Submammary methodone of the safest methods of breast augmentation. The surgeon makes an incision in the fold of the woman's chest to place the implant. Thus, the surgeon is provided with an appropriate approach to the formation of the implant bed. That is why he sets it up in the most optimal way. The scar after breast augmentation is invisible because it is hidden by the natural fold of the breast. Best of all, this method of breast augmentation is suitable for women with pronounced wrinkles on the chest.
- Umbilical approachit is not popular, because it allows you to install implants filled only with saline, which has already lost its significance. The essence of this method is that the implants are placed through an incision above the navel. The surgeon forms special endoscopic tunnels under the skin from the navel to the chest for endoprostheses. Through them, the implants are delivered to the breast pocket and only after that they are filled with physiological solution. The advantage of this method is the complete absence of scars and scars in the chest area.
- Transabdominal approachit is used in combination with plastic surgery of the abdomen, so as not to make additional incisions on the patient's body. For this purpose, the surgeon places the implant through an incision in the anterior abdominal wall. The advantage of this method is the absence of scars on the chest.
Lactation after breast augmentation
During breast augmentation surgery with the axillary or submammary method, the milk ducts of the breast are not disturbed, so if a woman is genetically predisposed to breastfeeding, she may not be afraid for her future children. The only limitation is that planning a pregnancy after breast augmentation should not start 1-2 years after breast augmentation with implants.
Indications for breast augmentation
- Breast ptosis after breastfeeding;
- Breast ptosis as a result of sudden weight loss;
- Underdeveloped mammary glands (breast hypoplasia);
- Loss of mammary glands due to cancer;
- The patient's desire for larger breasts.
Various implants for breast augmentation
It is common to distinguish two types of implants: anatomical and round. They all have a rough or smooth shell. The type used is always discussed with the surgeon. Experts divide the size of the implant by the volume measured in milliliters. Implants are selected strictly individually for each patient, observing her physiological characteristics.
Preparing for breast augmentation
In order for a woman to prepare for increased mammoplasty, a personal consultation with a specialist is needed, who will tell about the characteristics and subtleties of the surgical intervention, as well as about the result that is planned to be achieved. After that, the patient is sent for a series of tests: general blood and urine test, blood for HIV, hepatitis, syphilis, biochemical blood test and studies: ECG, fluorography, consultation with a mammologist, gynecologist and anesthesiologist. The results of the examination enable the detection of the presence of contraindications for breast augmentation in women. In addition, the expert reports that in preparation for increasing mammoplasty, it is worth giving up bad habits: alcohol and cigarettes for two weeks. The day before plastic surgery you cannot eat or drink.
How is breast augmentation surgery performed?
On the day when breast augmentation surgery is scheduled, the patient must come to the clinic, preferably in advance, so that she has time to prepare for surgery. Just before breast augmentation, the surgeon makes marks on the woman’s body according to a previously selected method of performing the surgery. These can be dotted lines on the lower border of the nipple areola, lines in the area of the breast fold, etc. When all preparatory activities are completed, the patient is given general anesthesia. The breast area is then treated with a disinfectant solution and increased mammoplasty is started. To do this, the surgeon makes incisions with a scalpel according to the markings, implants pre-prepared implants in an optimal way to achieve the best appearance of the breast. At the end of the increased mammoplasty, sutures and a bandage are applied to the incisions, and then a compression garment is put on the woman. The total working time will not exceed two hours, this is individual.
How should you behave after breast augmentation?
Immediately after the plastic breast augmentation, the patient remains in the hospital, and the operation is performed under general anesthesia. Then the woman will need to come every other day for dressings until the stitches are removed, approximately 1-1, 5 weeks. During the first week, the patient may feel heaviness in the chest and pain, but this is quite normal, because during this period the swelling of the mammary glands continues. To alleviate a woman’s well-being, the surgeon prescribes painkillers. Remember that it is necessary to wear compression underwear, it will prevent edema, keep the implants in place and make life easier during the rehabilitation period, which will last about a month and a half. Over time, the edema will subside and then it will be possible to assess the actual results of breast augmentation. It is worth to stop wearing a compression bra only after the surgeon's permission, then a simple and quick recovery after surgery will not wait long.
Why do you need compression garments after increased mammoplasty?
Compression underwear is a special bra made of elastic fibers with a strap for fastening on top. After increased mammoplasty, it is worn to create a natural capsule for implants in female breasts. Thanks to this underwear, the breast implants are fixed in the correct position and do not move. Swelling after surgery cannot develop because the bra presses on the main chest muscle. It is not possible for all women to replace compression underwear with the usual sports top; before that, you should first consult your surgeon.
What should you give up right after breast augmentation surgery?
- Physical activity of a severe nature;
- Lifting heavy objects;
- Sport activities;
- SPA treatments, bath, sauna;
- Sunbathing, swimming in open water;
- Sleep on your side, turn on your side.
Possible complications after breast augmentation
- Seromas, hematomas;
- Implant displacement, its pronounced contour;
- Capsular contracture;
- Keloid scars;
- Loss of sensitivity on the nipples and breasts.
How to smear sutures after surgery?
For successful healing of sutures after breast augmentation, thorough care of them is sufficient, while it is not necessary to use specialized products and fats.
Contraindications for breast augmentation surgery:
- Diabetes mellitus and tuberculosis;
- The presence of chronic and infectious diseases in the acute phase;
- Increased blood pressure;
- Poor blood clotting;
- Tendency to scarring;
- Varicose veins;
- Lactation period;
- HIV, hepatitis, syphilis;
- Age under 18 years.
The answer to the question
How soon after breast augmentation surgery can you start having sex?
You should not resume your intimate life for a month after plastic surgery. This is due to the fact that during intercourse, blood can flow through the breasts, as well as additional physical activities during which the breast can move. In no case should it be tightened.
Can I sunbathe after surgery?
Over time, you should not do this until the stitches have healed and turned white. Even if the sun does not directly affect them, a woman should not be outdoors for long.
Can I exercise after breast augmentation?
It is possible, but it will take time for the body to recover. Even after a month and a half, it is worth exercising carefully and you should never strain your chest muscles.
When can I take a shower after breast augmentation?
7 days later. But again, the main thing is to do all the movements carefully, it is better to consult your surgeon.